Essential Oil 100% Natural
Chompu – Puka Product
Chompu – Puka Essential Oil Refinery Project
Pure Fragrance is a substance that exists naturally. It is derived from plants and animals. Among of these ingredients, over 90% is derived from plants, known as essential oils and the remaining 10% is a compound derived from an animal which is called differently. Perfume is regarded as a key ingredient used in the manufacturing industry and across all product categories such as perfume, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, cleaning products, etc. The demand for perfume tends to increase steadily. However, consumers start turning their attention to the products containing natural scent more than synthetic fragrances, especially in the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries. Although Thailand mostly imports essential oil and its products, the number of essential oil exports from Thailand has increased gradually during the last five years due to the fact that the essential oil market is very unique and needs a great number of natural ingredients. It is also an opportunity for farmers in Thailand to produce a product that the market wants and get Thai essential oil more accepted internationally.
In early 2015, the Attaporphiang Foundation established the program of "sustainable development for better quality of life” in Na Noi district, Nan Province, Thailand. This area has been designated as a model for the project of transforming agricultural products into perfume or other fragrance products under the brand of Chompu-Puka.
This project aims to support farmers in the rural area that need opportunities for professional development. It will also help generate revenue for them instead of planting corn or crop or timber that its price index has been fluctuating wildly that cause heavy losses and create a higher debt per household in a year. This is a major problem waiting to be solved. The foundation aims to create additional opportunities for sustainable livelihoods based on the philosophy of Sufficiency Economy which was delivered by King Rama IX. Now we have 17 families joining the project. They have built an enterprise community producing herbs for export. There are about 50 plantation species in the combined 84 acres of Foundation properties (40 acres) and agricultural area (44 acres). They are divided into 3 groups as follows.
- Type G group (Basic Plantation - easy growing with a great number of outputs)
1. Lemon Grass 11. Turmeric Root
2. Citronella 12. Peppercorn
3. Vetiver root 13. Finger Root
4. Lime 14. Mint.
5. Lemon 15. Vanilla
6. Lemon leaves 16. Ylang-Ylang flower
7. Kaffir lime leaves 17. Pine
8. Kaffir lime 18 Eucalyptus.
9. Grapefruit 19. Sandalwood incense.
10. Rhizome of Zingiber 20. Abelmoschus moschatus
- Type M group (General Promotion - Large volume offers slight aromatic substances)
1. Basil 3. Stalks
2. Guava Leaf 4. Betel leaf
- Type P Group (Special promotion – Large volume offers slight aromatic substances)
1. Lotus 4. Agar Wood
2. Plumeria flowers 5. Jasmine
3. Rose 6. Tuberose
Currently, the plant material from all three groups were sufficient to extract the essential oil, the Foundation has constructed the refinery in order to add value to agricultural products. The 500 kg. of raw material can produce the essential oil approximately 3-5 liters daily.
1. To create additional opportunities for sustainable livelihoods by processing and marketing services. The aim is to produce essential oil with international standard for export.
2. To increase revenue, and enhance the quality of life for community.
3. To produce organic raw materials for export.
1. Encourage farmers to grow crops organically in order to be used as the raw material for the production of high quality essential oil. Our goal is to expand the cultivated area to 80 acres within two years by partnering with community organizations and manufacturers.
2. Create refinery essential oils using steam distillation and research facilities for sorting and improving the quality of essential oils.
3. Provide area of 20 acres for Type P cultivation with the aim of producing of high quality essential oils.
The medium term of 10 years commencing on January 9, 2015.
The project location
Coordination Center locates at Ban-Mai-Mong-Kol, Moo 2, Tambon Ban Bua Noi, Nan, Thailand.
ATTAPORPHIANG FOUNDATION (For more informationhttp://www.attap.or.th)
Chompu – Puka Essential Oil Refinery Structural Model Building
Size of structure 12x22x4 meters (width x length x height)
Essential Oil 100% Natural